Cancer is one of the most common chronic diseases in New York State and is second only to heart disease as the leading cause of death. Each year, about 110,000 New Yorkers are diagnosed with cancer.
On average, approximately 40,126 NYC residents were diagnosed with cancer annually between 2011-2015, with 12,453 dying from the disease annually during this period. On average, approximately 771 New York, NY residents were diagnosed with cancer and 241 individuals died from cancer each week from 2011-2015.
Four types of cancer — lung, prostate, breast, and colorectal — make up nearly 50 percent of all cancer cases and nearly 50 percent of all cancer deaths in the city, according to the report, called “Reducing the Cancer Burden In New York City.”
Top 10 Best Cancer Hospital in NYC
List of top-rated cancer hospitals in New York, NY. Here we have shared the best cancer hospital address, contact no, book appointments, reviews, costs, services & more.
1. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Provide cancer care to new and current patients in NYC
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is one of the top-rated cancer hospitals in NYC. Our main building on Manhattan’s Upper East Side is home to many of our services. At our inpatient hospital, we monitor our patients, give different types of treatment, and perform surgery. The Pediatric Day Hospital, where we pioneered outpatient cancer care for our youngest patients, is next to our children’s inpatient and intensive care units. The building also contains doctors’ clinics, imaging services, and an urgent care center for patients who need immediate care.
For most cancers, your treatment will be led by one or more primary doctors. These could include a medical oncologist, a surgical oncologist, a radiation oncologist, and, for some cancers, an interventional radiologist. Each of these doctors brings a defined set of expertise and techniques for treating cancer in NYC.
- Treatments:- AIDS-Associated Cancers, Acoustic Neuroma (Vestibular Schwannoma), Adrenal Tumors, Anal Cancer, Appendiceal Cancer, Basal Cell Carcinoma, Benign Blood Disorders, Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma), Bladder Cancer, Bone Cancer, Brain Tumors & Brain Cancer, Breast Cancer, Cancer of Unknown Primary Origin, Central Nervous System (CNS) Lymphoma, Cervical Cancer, Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Gallbladder Cancer & more.
- Contact No:- 212-639-2000
- Address:- 1275 York Avenue New York NY 10065
- Email:- [email protected]
2. The Mount Sinai Hospital
One of the top-rated cancer hospital in New York, NY
The Mount Sinai Hospital offers a continuum of care before, during, and after cancer treatment. Our team provides a comprehensive range of advanced, multidisciplinary services. We integrate the latest research findings from studies conducted at Mount Sinai’s The Tisch Cancer Institute, a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Cancer Center. We have two state-of-the-art centers that provide advanced treatments and care for cancer patients.
As part of a highly recognized healthcare system in the United States, Mount Sinai Cancer New York offers the most advanced cancer care. Our dedicated team of cancer specialists in NYC treats rare forms of the disease and common types of cancer – breast cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer, or lung cancer, and all other cancer conditions. Each patient diagnosed with cancer receives a personalized treatment plan. We provide the right medication, surgery, or radiation oncology as needed.
- Treatments:- Benign Hematology, Bladder Cancer, Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation, Brain & Nervous System Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colon & Rectal Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer, Gynecologic Cancer, Head & Neck Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia & Blood Cancers, Liver Cancer, Lymphoma, Myelodysplastic Syndrome, Pancreatic Cancer, Sarcoma, Skin Cancer & Melanoma
- Contact No:- 212-241-6500 | 212-590-3300
- Address:- Gustave L. Levy Place New York, NY 10029
3. NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Cancer Center
NewYork-Presbyterian, with Weill Cornell Medicine, opened the Lower Manhattan Cancer Center, leading cancer hospital in NYC, The newest site providing cancer care available as part of the Stich Radiation Oncology Center. It is a state-of-the-art radiation oncology center located at 21 West Broadway in Manhattan, and the only radiation oncology center in Lower Manhattan. At the Lower Manhattan Cancer Center, our vision is that the patient treatment experience can focus on health promotion and the patient’s overall well-being. We take a tailored approach to cancer care and design modified cancer therapies personalized to each patient’s unique cancer and individual tumor needs.
Radiation therapy is administered in a supportive and soothing spa-like setting focused on healing. In addition to radiation therapy, complementary therapies such as Reiki, meditation, and aromatherapy are offered to support the patient’s journey toward optimal recovery. As a top rated cancer hospital in NYC, We offer optimal integrations of expedited treatments for the working cancer patient as we enable you to integrate your treatment into your workday.
- Treatments:- Onsite CT/Simulation and Treatment Planning, 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy (3D-CRT), Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), Prone Breast External Beam, High Dose Rate (BDR) Brachytherapy, Radiosurgery, Complementary Cancer Therapies (Reiki, meditation, and aromatherapy)
- Contact No:- +1 212-746-6600
- Address:- 21 W Broadway, New York, NY 10007, United States
4. The NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue Cancer Center NYC
Best and Affordable Cancer Hospital in NYC
The NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue Cancer Center is committed to providing high-quality cancer services, including the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of breast, cervical, colorectal, and other cancers.
Our expert staff works closely with patients and their families to address and optimize the physical, mental, emotional, and social aspects of health.
We achieve this through a team-based approach to cancer care. Our board-certified doctors and specialists participate in regular team meetings to combine their input and develop a personalized plan of care for each patient.
- Treatments:- Medical oncology, Chemotherapy infusion, Surgical Oncology, Hematology, Breast surgery, Plastic surgery, Radiology, Pathology, Thoracic oncology, Gynecologic oncology, Neuro-oncology, Radiation oncology, Palliative care, Medical psychiatry
- Contact No(Appointment):- 1-844-692-4692
- General information:- 1-212-562-4141 | 212-562-1135
- Address:- 462 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10016, United States
5. Perlmutter Cancer center NYC
An NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
At NYU Langone Health’s Perlmutter Cancer Center NYC, a National Cancer Institute–designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, our scientists, researchers, and educators are at the forefront of cancer research, education and training, and community outreach.
Our basic, translational, clinical, and population-based research program brings together laboratory scientists and clinical researchers to deliver the latest advances in cancer care and a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education.
- Treatments:- Breast Cancer, Radiology, Pathology, Thoracic oncology, Gynecologic oncology, Neuro-oncology, Radiation oncology, Palliative care
- Doctors’ Offices/Appointments:- 212-731-6000
- Radiology Appointments:- 212-731-5002
- Radiation Oncology:- 212-731-5003
- Address:- 160 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016
- Email:- [email protected]
6. Lenox Hill Hospital Cancer Center NYC
Specialized Cancer Care in Manhattan, New York
Northwell Health Cancer Institute at Lenox Hill Hospital offers the best of both worlds—access to inpatient and surgical care at one of the largest and most sophisticated hospitals in New York City, and the convenience of modern outpatient and office settings for your consultations, ongoing treatment and follow-up care.
Our team includes surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, nurses, social workers, geneticists and counselors. This multidisciplinary approach ensures that we provide the best care and outcome possible while meeting all your physical and emotional needs. Our dedicated inpatient oncology unit and outpatient infusion and radiation centers are staffed by specially trained oncology-certified nurses.
- Address:- 100 East 77th Street, New York, NY 10075
- Contact No:- (212) 434-2000
7. Montefiore Medical Center NYC
One of the leading Cancer Hospital in NYC
Montefiore Einstein Center for Cancer Care delivers advanced patient-centered, multidisciplinary care designed to maximize treatment outcomes while optimizing the quality of life for each patient.
The Center for Cancer Care represents the strong partnership between Montefiore and our Albert Einstein College of Medicine, which allows for the translation of research and knowledge into improved prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all cancers.
Montefiore Einstein Center for Cancer Care has joined an elite group of cancer programs that have earned a Three-Year Accreditation with Gold Level Commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons.
- Address:- 111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY 10467
- Contact:- +1 800-636-6683 | 718-862-8840
- Email:- [email protected]
8. Maimonides Medical Center NYC
Advanced technology and individualized cancer Hospital in New York, NY
A cancer diagnosis can drastically change life as you know it. That’s why we’re committed to providing you with exceptional cancer care and treatment options that will help you have the best quality of life, close to home. Our team of nationally renowned oncologists is dedicated to providing comprehensive treatment options and supportive services for you.
Each year, the Maimonides Cancer Committee offers cancer screening programs for various types of cancer. These programs are designed to find cancer in its early stages in people who are at high risk for the disease, based on genetics, family history, and/or the environment.
- Treatment:- Breast Cancer Screening, Colon Cancer Screening, Lung Cancer Screening, Cancer Research, Brain and Spinal Cancers, Gastrointestinal and Liver Cancers, Head and Neck Cancers, Hematologic Cancers, Lung and Thoracic Cancers, Breast Center
- Address:- 4802 Tenth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219
- Contact No(Appointments):- 718-283-2665
- General Contact No:- 718-283-6000
- Email:- [email protected]
9. MSK Ralph Lauren Center New York NY
High-quality Cancer Hospital in New York, NY
The MSK Ralph Lauren Center (RLC) offers cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and support services. Since its founding in 2003, the RLC has served the Harlem community and surrounding neighborhoods by providing high-quality care in a warm, welcoming, and culturally sensitive environment.
The Cancer Center NYC has cared for thousands of people, making it a beacon for accessible, compassionate cancer care for residents of Harlem and beyond.
The RLC is highly active in the community. It sponsors health fairs, hosts support groups, and provides free screenings in Harlem.
- Treatments:- diagnostic and treatment services for most adult cancers and blood, disorders, breast cancer evaluation, counseling and support, patient follow-up, nutritional counseling, and food assistance
- Address:- 1919 Madison Avenue (Entrance on 124th Street) New York NY 10035
- Appointment:- 833-921-2959
- Contact No:- 212-987-1777